BlackBerry, in a twitter post, has confirmed to unveil the next QWERTY featuring smartphone on February 25 at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona.
— Steve Cistulli (@SteveCistulli) January 24, 2017
BlackBerry had earlier announced to bring a smartphone with QWERTY Keypad on board for one last time. “We’ve one keyboard phone I promised people, and it’s coming,” BlackBerry CEO John Chen told Bloomberg.
The smartphone is speculated to be the long-rumoured BlackBerry’s Mercury. The Mercury is rumoured to feature 4.5-inch full HD (1080p) display, powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor coupled with an Adreno 506 GPU and 3GB RAM. The smartphone is also said to sport 18MP rear camera and 8MP front-camera, fuelled by 3400 mAh battery.