Chennai: A 17-year-old plus-2student who suffered burn injuries while trying to take a selfie on top of a train wagon on Saturday died at the Kilpauk Medical College on Wednesday.
The victim, M Dileepan, celebrating his birthday on Saturday, climbed up on top of a coach at Tambaram railway station yard and suffered burns after he came in contact with high-powered overhead cable.
Railway police said that Dileepan was celebrating his birthday with few of his friends and in between he climbed on top of a coach which was being serviced.
“Though he reached on top but got electrocuted after coming in contact with a live wire. He was thrown off and fell to the ground and was later taken to KMC where he died on Wednesday.”...