Nation Current Affairs 05 May 2017 Fire in plastic godo ...

Fire in plastic godown at Balapur

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published May 5, 2017, 3:11 am IST
Updated May 5, 2017, 3:11 am IST
The station fire officer said, “The fire was not a major one, but the smoke was dense because of the plastic items.
Another fire broke out at a furniture shop on Sun City road. The fire was sparked by an electrical short circuit. (Representational image)
 Another fire broke out at a furniture shop on Sun City road. The fire was sparked by an electrical short circuit. (Representational image)

Hyderabad: A fire broke out in a plastic godown at Balapur due to a short circuit. The fire spread rapidly as plastic items were stored in the godown.

The station fire officer said, “The fire was not a major one, but the smoke was dense because of the plastic items. When the fire broke out the godown was locked and nobody was present. So we had to break open the door and douse the fire. However, no casualties were reported. Two fire fighting tenders and a mist bullet were rushed to the spot.”

 

Another fire broke out at a furniture shop on Sun City road. The fire was sparked by an electrical short circuit.

“The entire G+2 building was gutted and the furniture was also burnt. When the incident took place the owner and workers were there but they immediately ran out and informed the fire services. We got a call at 8:20 pm. We reached the spot within 10 minutes but the building was in flames,” the station fire officer said.

He added, "Six fire fighting tenders were rushed to the spot. Fortunately, there were no casualties.”

 

...
Location: India, Telangana, Hyderabad




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->