Back pain can not only ruin a good night's sleep, it can also be harmful.
However, the position you choose to sleep in can make a world of difference, the Daily Mail reported.
This is due to the fact certain positions affects how the blood moves.
Here's what you can do for some common issues we all face.
* Acid reflux: Place your arms in front of you and lie on the right side.
* Painful back: Lie on any side you choose, with your knees bent a little and keep your arms out in front of you.
* Nasal congestion: Do not sleep on your back. Lie on your side with a couple of pillows to hold up your head. This help to drain the congestion.
* PMS: Place a pillow under the knees. It takes the pressure off your upper back.
* Neck pain: Sleep on your back and keep the neck as straight as possible.