Amity varsity likely to set up campus in AP's capital Amravati

Naidu said he wants to encourage best universities in the world to set up their campuses in the state.

Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Tuesday said Amity University is likely to set up a campus in its capital Amaravati.

The University is likely to be operational and open for admissions from its own campus by 2017, an official release said. A delegation led by Atul Chauhan, Chancellor and President of Amity University, called on Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu at his residence here.

Chauhan explained that the University which began in 2005 has seen rapid growth, with the setting up of 11 universities, 20 campuses and 18 schools. "Our University serves with a purpose to provide quality education so that Indian students do not have to go abroad, while, foreign students show interest in our institutions. We want to contribute towards your vision of transforming Andhra Pradesh into a knowledge and education hub," the release quoted Chauhan as saying.

Stating that the students' hailing from the state hold potential to excel in any field, Naidu wants the varsity to build a campus that offers professional and value-based education for students, it said.

( Source : PTI )