Narayana IIT Academy student commits suicide

The student, Hrithvik Nandan Reddy, hanged himself in his hostel room.

Hyderabad: An Intermediate student of the Narayana IIT Academy at RC Puram in Medak district committed suicide on Wednesday.

The student, Hrithvik Nandan Reddy, hanged himself in his hostel room. His parents said that pressure from the management to perform well drove their son to suicide. An abetment to suicide (Section 306) case was registered by the police.

Hrithvik Nandan Reddy, 16, hailing from Nalgonda, was studying first year MPC at the Narayana IIT Academy in Kollur village in RC Puram mandal. He was bright at school and at the college initially. But of late his performance declined. As a result lecturers told him to improve. As his performance did not improve lecturers warned him that he would be expelled.

“He was trying to improve his performance. But the management dealt with him harshly,” said Hrithvik’s father Venkataramana Reddy, an advocate at Nalgonda.

On Wednesday at around 12.30 pm the college dean scolded Hrithvik in front of all students and warned him that he will be expelled if he did not improve. Around 2 pm he went to his room while his friends were attending classes. During tea break his friends went in search of him but did not find him in his room. “He was found hanging in another room. We did not get any suicide note,” said RC Puram inspector Krishna Kishore. Hrithvik’s frie-nds and other students staged a protest demanding action against the management.

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.