Varsity row: Hyderabad High Court fumes at Andhra Pradesh and Telangana

The bench pointed out that both the state governments are doing nothing

Hyderabad: The Hyderabad High Court on Friday gave a dressing down to the governments of AP and Telangana for blaming each other and at the way the both governments have been handling the issue of regional study centers of BR Ambedkar Open University.

A division bench comprising Acting Chief Justice Dilip B. Bhosale and Justice S.V. Bhatt was dealing with a taken up case based on news reports that 92 regional centers of the varsity located in AP catering to 3 lakh students were closed due to reluctance of TS to extend the services to them and a petitions by the AP government seeking extension of services of Potti Sriramulu Telugu University to AP students.

While hearing the case, the bench pointed out that both the state governments are doing nothing for the past two months in implementing the court order except blaming each other and the states virtually spoiling the career of students.

The bench has ordered on September 4, 2015 for continuations of services of the both the varsities to the students of AP and AP shall bear salaries of teaching and non -teaching staff working in study centres from August 2015 onwards.

Reminding its order, the bench pointed out “we have given order in Sept-ember and both states now responded leisurely and now you are informing us that you have given directions to the authorities in November for implementation.”

The bench directed the Registrar of Open University who was present in the court to file an affidavit explaining steps taken for the implementation of the court order and adjourned the case for two weeks.

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.