Magazine on APJ Abdul Kalam released by students

The three volumes of the magazine chronicle the life of the legend

Kozhikode: As a tribute to the Missile Man of the country and the People’s President APJ Abdul Kalam, seventh standard students of St Joseph’s Anglo Indian Girl’s Higher Secondary School came up with the unique idea of introducing three magazines on APJ.

It was as a tribute to the hero ahead of children’s Day, that the students released the magazines in the presence of their school mates, teachers and noted writer Nallapad Padmanaban on Friday.

The three magazines that speak about the journey of APJ from childhood till his death earlier this year are the efforts of the students with the help of teachers after undertaking a thorough research on the legend.

“We are leveraging the thoughts of our students for creating a tribute in a very personal way, making Dr Kalam the only public leader for whom such a people-powered movement was ever created”, said School Principal Sister Lucy.

For the last few weeks’ students had been working hard on the magazines, reading articles and watching videos on APJ from various media. Students also sourced many newspapers cuttings that reported in detail about the happenings in the life of APJ in detail. These were also incorporated in the magazine, she added.

“He was the one who played a major role in making students dream bigger”, opined the students who worked on the magazine. These magazines are our tribute to the hero and we will preserve it as a rare and informative document on APJ”, they added.

Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world.