Hyderabad school tragedy: St Joseph boy gives up

Minor produced in court, sent to home for juveniles

Hyderabad: A day after the death of Aamir Siddique in a school fight, the police shifted the 14-year-old suspected killer to the juvenile home at Saidabad after producing him before court.

The boy who is a resident of Azampura, came to the police station along with his father on Thursday morning and surrendered.

Meanwhile, the CCTV footage of the fight, showed that the duo were fighting before they came to the basket ball court and other students who saw them fighting were walking away casually. One teacher rushed to them, but by then Aamir received severe blows on his ribs and the temporal part behind his right ear. Another boy involved in the fight also received blows. The fight stopped when Aamir was about to collapse and one boy came and held him and the boy who hit Aamir said something to the teacher.

Police said the boy went into depression after knowing about the death of Aamir and did not speak to anyone including his family. He even admitted that he did not expect that the fight would end like that.

“He came to the police station along with his father and surrendered. He was not in a state to talk. We shifted him to juvenile home after producing before court,” said inspector S. Bhim Reddy.

Police also suspect the reason why other students did not stop them is that they might have seen similar incidents regularly on campus.

The police is yet to establish the reason for the fight. An argument broke out between both on the issue of the latter teasing Aamir's sister who is also studying in the same school.

“We did not find any such reports from the family or other students. We are verifying all angles to know the cause for the fight,” said central zone DCP V.B. Kamalasan Reddy.

Experts say the situation could have been controlled if other students had intervened.