Israeli self-defence tips for VIT women students

The idea to start the course to girl students was mooted by VIT University vice-president Sekar Viswanathan, said Sreeram
Vellore: Criminals are always good actors. Before they could begin their criminal activities, they will always approach innocent women with some unknown obligations to achieve their activities and it is for women to use their in-born instincts and come out of them.
This is from an introductory address of S. Sreeram, a master in ‘Krav Maga’ system of defending oneself from criminals. He was at VIT University, here on Saturday, to coach Israeli ‘Krav Maga’ system of self-defence for woman safety to around 800 B. Tech first year girl students who are staying in the university hostel.
The idea to start the course to girl students was mooted by VIT University vice-president Sekar Viswanathan, said Sreeram. The course has been scheduled over two sessions, to be held for a week for 20 hours, says Sreeram who specially went to Israel and learnt ‘Krav Maga’, which means defending oneself from enemies and criminals with simplest methods. In his address, he said that according to a study in US, the criminals used to chose car parks as targets of their attack against public, for it was easier for them to commit crimes when there would be none to save victims.