Observer TV gives sneak peek into Farook College

YouTube channel managed by MCJ department to air programmes in college

KOZHIKODE: Probably the first of its kind in the state, Farook College (Autonomous) has launched an exclusive campus YouTube channel for the College — ‘Observer TV’.

The channel, managed by the Mass Communication and Journalism department, airs various programmes and activities in the College and also entertainment programmes by the students.

Speaking to DC, Farook College MCJ HOD Sonila Florence said that the Channel would help not just the students and staff, but the alumni of the College from all across the globe to watch and comment on the programmes happening at the College.

“The sole priority of the channel is to present news and views in an objective and honest manner and to bring valuable informative and entertainment programmes to the online audience,” she said.

“The students of MCJ department are producing many programmes as part of their academic activities. However we do not have a platform to showcase it to others. That’s how we hit upon this idea of starting a YouTube channel. It costs less and is also able to reach masses. Our principal Prof E.P. Imbichi Koya encouraged us and gave full support to launch it in a big way,” she added.

The logo of the Channel was designed by Final Year MCJ students Sufiya and Mufeez T.P. The Channel Logo consists of the alphabet ‘O’ in red colour with the tagline ‘Truth inside.’

The Channel was launched by KU VC and alumnus of the College Dr M.K. Abdul Khader on Sunday.