Mahatma Gandhi University off-campus registration goes online

The online registration by off-campus students will have to be done on the website www.admission.mgu.ac.in

KOCHI: The Mahatma Gandhi University has decided to start online registration for the off-campus centre students to continue their study in the wake of the closure of these centres.

This will help second and third year students in UG and PG courses in these centres to continue study and complete the courses. This registration will start on Tuesday. The university said that it has also completed the printing of the textbooks for students.

The online registration by off-campus students will have to be done on the website www.admission.mgu.ac.in . This was decided at a meeting convened by the Vice-Chancellor Dr Babu Sebastian at the varsity the other day.

The university was forced to stop the off-campus centres following the diktats of the Chancellor, the High Court and the State Government.

Students can enter the website using the permanent registration number which the varsity has given them. The details of the students and the mode of the fee payment will be available on the portal.

Fee can be remitted till August 17 while it can be remitted with a fine of '200 till August 24 and with a fine of Rs 500 till August 31.

The university also informed that the textbooks will be distributed to students close on the heels of them remitting the fee. The varsity will take a decision on textbook distribution, conduct of practical/viva voce, and regulation of classes at the meeting of the co-ordinators.

The practical/viva voce will be held at government institutions, affiliated colleges and university institutions. Administration joint registrar G Ramesh has been tasked with studying and submitting a report on the first year admissions at the varsity.