Bengaluru: 6 Nigerian girl students assault bus conductor

They claimed to have a pass, but refused when asked to produce it
Bengaluru: Six Nigerian girl students were arrested by the Wilson garden police on Sunday evening, after they allegedly assaulted a bus conductor following an altercation over travel passes. The entire incident was caught on camera by a passenger travelling in the bus. After verifying their antecedents and checking their passports and visas, the accused were arrested. All the six women were said to be residing in Yelahanka and studying nursing and management courses in a city-based college. They were said to be going to Lal Bagh Passport office when the incident took place.
The victim has been identified as Nagesh, a BMTC bus conductor. The six students had boarded the Shantinagar bound BMTC bus from Yelahanka. According to DCP Central Sandeep Patil, the incident took place around 10.30 am when Nagesh asked them to furnish the ticket. The six students allegedly told him that they have a pass, but when Nagesh asked them to produce it they refused. Soon, a verbal duel ensued between them and later the students assaulted the conductor in a running bus. The incident took place on Lal Bagh Road. “We have taken into custody six Nigerian students for assaulting a bus conductor,” Patil added.
However Bosco, a caretaker, Nigerian Students Association said, “Such an incident should not have happened in a city like Bengaluru. I have not yet spoken with the students. What I know is the conductor Nagesh was pestering them for the passes, which irked them and led to the fracas. Once I will speak to the six students, the matter will be cleared.” Over 40 BMTC employees protested in front of Wilson Garden police station demanding the arrest of Nigerian students. Based on a complaint filed by Nagesh and BMTC bus driver, the Wilson Garden police registered a cased of assault.