JEE students left in lurch by CBSE, Telangana

Students who applied for recounting of Inter marks found that JEE ranks were not shown
Hyderabad: Many students and parents were upset with the Telangana Board of Intermediate Education on Wednesday as the JEE Main results were declared. More than 1,200 students, who had applied for recounting of their Inter marks, found their JEE Main ranks were not displayed.
Parents and students were outraged when they came to know that CBSE did not receive the Inter marks after recounting was conducted. This resulted in a blame game as BIE officials said that they had sent the results in a CD and also via email to the Central Board of Secondary Education, which the CBSE officials denied.
CBSE officials said that the left-out students could not be given ranks, meaning that they would lose the chance to get into premier institutions like the NITs and IIIT.
A parent, whose daughter had scored 145 in JEE Main and 96 per cent in Intermediate after recounting, said, “This is so reckless on part of the BIE and CBSE. My daughter would have got into some good NIT for sure. Now, because of their carelessness and lazy attitude, she stands to lose the opportunity. The TS government should not leave the matter here and make CBSE accord a rank. Children should not be punished for the lazy attitude of officials.”
The state government is said to have decided to send an official of the education department to CBSE, New Delhi, to clear up the issue.
Architecture students bag JEE -Main top ranks
Architecture students ruled the roost in JEE Main-2015, the ranks of which were released on Wednesday. Among the top 10 students, more than six were those who had opted for B.Arch.
The JEE Main topper is Sharmila Reddy, who opted for B.Arch. and is a student of Sri Chaitanya Narayana institution.
Five more rankers out of the top 10 — S.N.V.S.R. Krishna Prudhwi, D. Sai Bhasker, B.V.S. Naidu, Goka Harshith and K. Ashwan Reddy, who got the third, fourth, fifth, eighth and 10th rank respectively — are from the same institution.
Sushma and Dr P. Sindhu Narayana, academic directors of Sri Chaitanya Narayana Educational Institutions, said, “Most students secured highest percentage of seats in various NITs and IIITs. It is a proud moment for us all.”