IIT alumnus from Thrissur pens book to crack entrance exams

The book in two volumes covers the entire portions of classes XI and XII mathematics

Thrissur: Mohammed Iqbal, a young IIT Chennai alumnus from Thrissur, has taken the road less travelled and is now the author of a book titled Two in One Capsule.

The book in two volumes covers the entire portions of classes XI and XII mathematics and is a self- study guide for both board and entrance exams simultaneously. It is published in the name of ‘Exam Hackers.’

According to Iqbal, 26, an IIT graduate of the 2012 batch, the book is intended for students who do not have much access to rigorous classroom coaching. “I used to love mathematics as a kid. When I got into IIT, I thoroughly enjoyed the mathematical rigour it offered. I always wanted to impart the fundamentals I learned to the younger ones,” said

Iqbal who quit the job in an MNC to take up teaching mathematics at a reputed private coaching centre in Thrissur.

“People thought I was a fool to have left a high- profile job for teaching students at 10+2 level. Well, I am chasing my dream,” Iqbal said.

When he joined IIT Chennai, he came to know that only a few students from Kerala got a berth in the IIT, but amazingly many of them managed to be toppers while graduating.

“Unlike other states, Keralites provide little focus on coaching for admission to IITs,” said Iqbal, who himself was a branch topper when graduated. This happened to be the Eureka moment and the idea of a book came. It took him two months of sleepless nights to bring out the book which is in tune with NCERT textbooks.

Meanwhile, it is especially useful for medical aspirants who also opt for engineering entrance. “These students get less time to focus on mathematics and the book is worth a buy for them,” said Iqbal. He is preparing his second book which will focus on the tips, tricks, techniques and strategic planning for facing different competitive exams.