Karnataka: No 10th results for CBSE students, but PU colleges ready list

Cut off marks in some PU colleges in the city is expected to be above 97.5 per cent

Bengaluru: With high pass percentage in SSLC exams and pre-university colleges kick starting the admission process for I PUC classes, hundreds of CBSE students, who are waiting for X standard results and wish to switch to state syllabus, are now worried as cut off percentage is high in most colleges. According to the sources in state pre-university education department, the cut off marks in some PU colleges in the city is expected to be above 97.5 per cent.

“In the city around 20 colleges are considered elite PU colleges and all of them have sold an average 5,000 applications for I PUC admission. This year due to high scores by SSLC students, the cut off percentage is expected to be around 97 to 98 per cent for PCME and PCMB subjects in five to six colleges under merit quota. It has really created a difficult situation for CBSE class X students who want to switch to state syllabus,” he said.

“Five per cent of seats in the colleges are reserved for the CBSE students. It will be very low compared to the demand. If CBSE results are announced along with SSLC results students from all the boards can have a level playing field,” he said. Currently 50 per cent seats available in the private un-aided colleges are allotted based on the merit list, while the rest come under management quota.

Late result

According to the sources, CBSE is expect ed to announce class X result in the last week of the May. “Most of the city colleges have already informed that the first merit list will be announced on May 24. But CBSE results are expected only afterwards. This will definitely harm our chances,” says Ananya Bhat, a CBSE class X student who wants to join a PU college in Malleswaram.

Management quota

According to Vishwantha Shetty, due to the high cut off marks and delay in announcement of results CBSE students are forced to join through management quota even if they have scored well in the class X. “We need to submit marks cards along with the application. But there is no clue when CBSE will announce class X results. So we are left with no option other than opt for management quota, which is 50 per cent of the total intake in the colleges,” he said.

II PUC results

Meanwhile state pre university department is announcing the II PUC final results on Monday at 11.30 am. Results of all the students will be made available on karresults.nic.in by afternoon.