IIT, NIT in Andhra Pradesh to start from 2015-16

Andhra Pradesh, will be taking in students for the 2015-16 academic year
Hyderabad: Though they are yet to be set up, the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) at Tirupati as well as the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Andhra Pradesh, will be taking in students for the 2015-16 academic year.
The Joint Admission Board (JAB) of the IITs and the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) of the NITs have included these two yet-to-be-set up institutions in their joint list for counselling released on Monday.
Counselling this year will also be common for all the IITs, NITs, ISM Dhanbad, central varsities and other colleges, unlike individual counselling processes followed by different institutions every year. The JAB and CSAB signed an agreement to this effect forming the Joint Seat Allocation Authority.
According to the schedule released on Monday, the results for JEE (Advanced) will be declared on June 18, while the JEE (Main) ranks will be out on June 24.
Candidates will have to fill their choice of seats between June 25 and June 29. The first round of seat allocation will be on July 1, while the second and third rounds of seat allocation would be on July 7 and July 12 respectively. Academic sessions at the IITs will begin from July 17.
This year, because of common counselling, students can choose to apply for IIT, NITs and central varsities at the same time. Students who obtain ranks in JEE (Advanced) and JEE (Main) will be eligible to participate in the counselling process. Confusion prevailed for several months regarding whether the new institutions in Andhra Pradesh will begin operations this year. But the announcement of the participating institutions’ list has dispelled all doubts.