Anomalies persist in SSLC results

Results of 257 students incomplete

Thiruvananthapuram: In the SDPY KPM Memorial School, Edavanakad the results of nearly 15 students were shown as ‘result awaited' in the site. There have also been complaints of anomalies in the results from students of Mayyil School, Kannur, Oshana High School, Kattappana and Puthu Pariyaram school in Palakkad.

The results were revised as several anomalies were noted in the earlier results announced on April 20. The pass percentage is all-time high. Students with A+ grade in all the subjects also increased from 12,287 to 14,987.

Kozhikode and Kottayam with 99.38 percent topped the districts while Palakkad at 97.16 per cent was at the bottom.

The number of Schools with 100 per cent pass has also increased from 1,501 to 1,670. This included 562 government schools, 756 aided schools and 352 unaided schools.

The results are published on the websites keralapareekshabhavan.in, keralaresults.nic.in, http://www.sslcexamkerala.gov.in/viewsslcresults.php, www.results.itschool.gov.in and result.prd.kerala.gov.in.

Meanwhile, the major cause of the discrepancies had been identified as the glitches in the software developed by National Informatics Centre(NIC).

Few marks uploaded to the server from evaluation centres were also found to be erroneous as grace marks were left out while entering into mark sheets.

The glitches were because 'Score Entry' software used during the previous years was replaced by new software called 'TAB-ON' without proper trial run. Meanwhile, Director of Public Instruction (DPI) K. Gopalakrishna Bhat said in a statement that there was no change in the basis data.

The only change was that 2,700 students among the 3,338 students whose results were withheld became eligible for higher studies.

The issue had occurred during the entry of the grace marks. This has been confirmed during inspection of the basis data, Mr Bhat said.