Telangana State to help Andhra Pradesh conduct its Eamcet

Students wishing to appear for AP Eamcet in Hyderabad can change their centre preferences
Hyderabad: The Telangana government will help Andhra Pradesh government to conduct the latter’s Eamcet in Hyderabad. AP HRD minister Ganta Srinivas Rao informed on Saturday that the TS government had responded positively to the AP government’s request for help in setting up exam centres in Hyderabad and conduct the test. He said that students wishing to appear for AP Eamcet in Hyderabad can change their centre preferences in their online application from Saturday evening. The changes can be made till April 21.
About 30 thousand applications were received from Telangana State for the AP Eamcet out of the total of 2.6 lakh applications. On the other hand, the TS Eamcet received nearly 60 thousand applications from AP. The TS government is not interested in setting up exam centres in AP, but, the AP government is keen on setting up exam centres in TS.
“It is important for us to have exam centres in Hyderabad simply because of the huge population of Andhra students in the joint capital,” an AP education department official said. HRD Minister Srinivasa Rao said that the TS government has agreed to help setup exam centres in Hyderabad. About 30 to 40 centres are expected to be setup in Hyderabad in three regional zones. Srinivasa Rao said the conduct of the exam in these centres will be coordinated and monitored by the JNTU Hyderabad. Students have already completed applying for the AP Eamcet this year with the last date being April 9th.
A window for changes in the application was also provided between April 16th till April 21st. The Minister said students can make use of this window to change their exam centre preference to Hyderabad if they desire. The changes could be made from Saturday evening till April 21st.