This 17-year-old Virginia student got accepted in all 8 Ivy League Schools

Pooja Chandrashekar’s parents immigrated to US from Bengaluru

Mumbai: Pooja Chandrashekar, a student of Virginia's Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, stood out after she aced all 13 of her Advanced Placement exams, scored a 2390 (out of 2400) on the SAT and with a 4.57 grade-point average, has got through all eight Ivy League Schools, as reported by The Washington Post. She has also been accepted at Stanford, MIT, Duke, the University of Virginia, the University of Michigan, and Georgia Tech.

Pooja’s parents, who immigrated from Bengaluru, are both engineers in the United States. Pooja said that she decided to apply to all eight ivies hoping to get into just one of them, ‘because college admissions is really unpredictable.’

The 17-year-old has also developed a mobile app that analyzes speech patterns and predicts with 96 percent accuracy if a person has Parkinson’s disease. She also started a non-profit platform that encourages middle-school girls to participate in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) programs.

“She’s a STEM superwoman who humbly approached her interests in curious ways,” says her principal Evan Glazer at Nysmith School in Herndon, Virginia. Pooja attended the private school before enrolling at Thomas Jefferson High School, where she studied computing, artificial intelligence and DNA science.

The eight Ivy League institutions are Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, the University of Pennsylvania, Princeton University, and Yale University.