Mangalagangothri campus Mangalore gives high-speed 1Gb/s Wi-Fi to students

The Mangalore campus has made Wi-Fi available on its campus from March 28

Mangalagangothri campus in Mangalore has opened its wireless internet connections to all its students, research scholars and staff on the university compound. The internet connection via Wi-Fi is available, beginning today, March 28, 2015.

The Mangalore university campus Wi-Fi usage is meant for mobile devices such as Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone. Wi-Fi is not available for fixed desktop devices, as they are provided wired access to internet. The guideline state that each user is allowed to access Wi-Fi using only one mobile device and the same has to be registered once with the Computer Centre. Each user will have to fill up a registration form for the device registration.

The internet usage will be valid for registered users for a period of three months only and the user will have to register again for another three months after that. Registrations for students will be for three months, while research scholars can use it for six months.

More information can be obtained from the university’s website and the form can be downloaded from here.

The university is allowing access to the wireless internet as an effort to upgrade the university to global standards, providing teachers and students with modern facilities. The internet service is provided using two ISPs— NKN (1Gb/s) and BSNL (10Mb/s).

Dakshina Kannada MP Nalin Kumar Kateel has inaugurated the facility at the campus.