Andhra Pradesh, Telangana to have separate Inter exams

The TS government had recently set up its own Inter Board

Hyderabad: It’s official now. Telangana and Andhra Pradesh will conduct separate Intermediate public exams in March, 2015.

No options will be given to students to choose the Board of their choice. Students studying in the 10 districts of Telangana, including Hyderabad, irrespective of their nativity, will have to opt for the exams conducted by Telangana as they will be held collegelocation wise and not based on the students’ nativity.

Though the Board of Intermediate Education had come out with separate exam schedules for Telangana and AP on November 12, there was a huge confusion over the issue with AP insisting on common exams and threatening to take legal action against TS if it went ahead with its own exams.

However, the AP government on Monday dropped its plans to move the courts against TS and agreed for separate exams. A decision on Eamcet is yet to be taken since TS has already been pitching for its own Eamcet.

The TS government had recently set up its own Inter Board and initiated steps to conduct exams. It had even offered to hold exams for AP if it agreed.

The exams in Telangana will be held from March 9 to 27 and in AP from March 11 to 31.

AP education minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao told reporters here on Monday: “We have decided to hold separate Inter exams for AP students as per the schedule released by BIE last month.

We tried our best to convince Telangana to agree for common exams. But the TS government stuck to its stand on separate exams. We don”t want to disturb students by moving the courts and continue the stalemate.”

He took a dig at the TS government for taking “unilateral decisions” on Inter exams and Eamcet in violation of the AP Reorganisation Act, 2014.

A large number of students from Seemandhra region migrates to Hyderabad immediately after completion of SSC (Class X) to pursue Intermediate in corporate colleges in the city with an aim of cracking IIT JEE, Eamcet etc.

Similarly, students from Telangana districts like Khammam, Nalgonda and Mahbubnagar migrate to Vijayawada and Guntur after SSC to pursue Inter in corporate colleges there.

These students have to write the exams in their respective states based on the location of their colleges.

The issue of “local” and “non-local” may crop up for these students during Eamcet admissions later.