University of Hyderabad report yardstick for action against students

Action against whose who participated in the ‘Kiss of Love’ protest will be decided
Hyderabad: The University of Hyderabad administration stated that action against whose who participated in the ‘Kiss of Love’ protest last week will be decided based on the report of the internal committee, which includes student representatives and faculty members.
UoH Pro Vice-Chancellor Prof. Haribabu said the committee and the police would collaborate and share the inputs. Six days ago, tension mounted in the campus as Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha and Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad activists entered the campus and tried to stop the ‘Kiss of Love’ protest. Their action was condemned as moral policing.
The Gachibowli police had booked a case against the protesters under IPC 294 for indulging in obscene activities and against intruders for criminal trespassing.
Prof. Haribabu said the administration have not suspended any student. "We will take a decision based on the internal committee report. Police will take their own course, while the committee will be sharing the inputs with them," he said.
Meanwhile, the organisers of the protest met the university administration. They said that involving the police was unprecedented. After the meeting, they informed the protesters that Prof. Haribabu had assured the university was with the students and that no action would be allowed by the police against the students without the university's approval.
However, legal experts said that since the FIR is issued, police do not need administration’s permission to go ahead with prosecution. No arrests has been made in the case so far.