Police raid resort in Hyderabad suspecting rave party

Owners booked for party beyond 11 pm

Hyderabad: The Medchal police raided the Honey Berg Resort in Muraraipalli in the wee hours of Friday and booked a case against the management for permitting a late night party. Sudanese students, both boys and girls, attended the ‘Diwali bash’ organised by a fellow student. Though there were reports that it was a rave party cops denied it later.
About 54 men and 21 women, all Sudan nationals, took part in the bash organised on the lawn by the side of the pool. Though there was permission only till 11 pm, the party continued till 1 am with loud music and DJ.
Sources said the cops were alerted by locals after they heard huge noise and saw obscene dance.
However, police claims their patrol party heard the noise and conducted the raid along with a sub inspector.
“They had liquor permission too, but the party was being organised beyond the time limit. We booked a case against the management under Section 188 of IPC,” said K. Shashank Reddy, the inspector of Medchal.
He added that no drugs were found in the premises and all students were from various colleges and universities including Osmania University. Cops said a case was booked against Raj, the front office manager and other persons, including Gupta and Kiran from the management.
The DJ organisers and bouncers were also booked.
Petty cases were booked against five students who tried to escape the cops during the raid. They will be produced in court.