TPCC extends support to Osmania University students

OU Students’ are demanding for creation of public employment

Hyderabad: In a significant development, Telangana state Congress on Monday joined the Osmania University Students’ agitation demanding creation of public employment. Demanding that the TRS government resolve the issues concerning unemployed students, Telangana Congress leaders announced their full support to the agitation launched by the Telangana Unemployed Students JAC at the Osmania University.

Addressing the dharna launched by the JAC on OU Campus here, Congress deputy leader in Legislative Council, Mohammed Ali Shabbir accused Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao of ignoring the welfare of student community that played the lead role in formation of Telangana state. He said several students sacrificed their careers for the sake of statehood agitation.

However, Mr Rao has completely sidelined the students, Mr Shabbir Ali alleged. He supported the JAC’s demand for the constitution of Telangana Public Service Commission, issuing of job notifications and cancellation of contract jobs, as promised by the TRS during elections.

He said Congress president Sonia Gandhi had agreed to the separate statehood primarily due to the students agitation. He also announced that the Congress will meet the Governor and represent the students’ concerns on creation of jobs.