Teachers receive awards

Srikakulam teacher Muraliveni bags President’s Award in New Delhi
Visakhapatnam: Teachers’ Day, the birth anniversary of the second President of India Sarvepalli Radhkrishnan, was observed with fervour in all the educations in the city, from primary school to the universities. The unsaid tradition of students taking up the role of their favourite teachers and teaching their subjects was observed in almost all the schools in the city.
In his Teacher’s Day address to the university professors and students, the Vice-Chancellor of Gitam University, Prof. G Subrahmanyam, delivered an important message to teachers in a single sentence, as he said, “The role of a teacher now is to move away from being a source of content to facilitator of learning, driving participation and interaction.” He further said that the teachers should overcome the generation gap between them and the students and help the students get what they desire.
Andhra University Vice-Chancellor, Prof. G.S.N. Raju, in his address at the university, said that the teachers should maintain such high values and ethics that they become role models for their students. He further said that teachers should take up innovative and creative methods of teaching and should be holistic in their approach in education. He later presented the Dr Sarvepalli Radhakri-shnan Best Academician Awards to Prof. M.S. Pra-sadbabu (Computer Scie-nce), Prof. U. Shameem (Zoology), Prof. C.N.V. Satyanarayana Reddy (Civil Engineering), Prof. S.V. Naidu (Chemical Engineering) and Prof. S.S.V.S. Ramakrishna (Meteorology and Ocea-nography).
The Eastern Naval Command also celebrated Teacher’s Day by recognising the hard work and dedication of teachers from thirteen CBSE affiliated schools. ENC awarded the Best in Academics trophy to Kendriya Vidyalaya, Arakkonam.
Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command, Vice-Admiral Satish Soni awarded cash prizes to principals of various Naval schools from Vizag and emphasised that crucial responsibilities of teachers include inculcating knowledge and kindling curiosity among children for their all round development.
Executive director of HPCL Visakh Refinery V.V.R. Narasimham honoured the headmaster and 21 teachers of GVMC school, Prakash Nagar for being the GVMC school with highest number of students who secured Vidya Sree nominations on Teachers’ Day