Prime Minister Narendra Modi bid to reach out to students

Modi all set to interact with school students nationally on the occasion of Teachers’ Day
Kochi:With Prime Minister Narendra Modi all set to interact with school students nationally on the occasion of Teachers’ Day on September 5, CBSE schools in the state are making elaborate arrangements for their students to view the programme.
CBSE chairman, Vineet Joshi has written to all principals asking them to assemble the children where they were can view the programme from 2.30 pm to 5 pm on the given day.
The interaction can be seen on Doordarshan, via Edusat, the Internet or heard on the radio.Mr Modi, who will remain in Delhi, will address students through satellite link at NIC centres inLeh,Ladakh,Jammu and Kashmir, Port Blair in the Andamans, Silchar in Assam, Imphal in Manipur, Bhuj in Gujarat, Dantewada in Chhattisgarh and Thiruvannamalai in Tamil Nadu.
The Kerala CBSE Schools Management Association which represents nearly 1300 schools across the state, will make zone-wise arrangements for students to view the event.
“Since will schools close for the Onam holidays on Friday, small students may find it hard to stay on till 5 pm. So we have decided to only ask students from Class VIII to XII to stay back. Big screens will be set up in schools in Thrissur, Kozhikode, Ernakulam and Thiruvananthapuram to allow students to view the programme ,” said Ms Indira Rajan, general secretary of the association.
The event will be recorded and shown to the rest of the students in their classes. “This will be easy since a majority have smart classrooms,” she added. The CBSE chairman has also asked principals to install generators/invertors for uninterrupted power supply during the programme.
The schools have been told to send a report on the arrangements to the CBSE by 5 pm on September 1.