Pump major adopts 9 schools

CRI Pumps will be adopting nine corporation schools for a period of five years
Coimbatore:As part of its corporate social responsibility initiative under the ‘school improvement programme’ of the ministry of school education, CRI Pumps will be adopting nine corporation schools for a period of five years. The MoU was signed with the Government of Tamil Nadu and handed over to Coimbatore chief education officer A. Gnanagowri by CRI Pumps vice chairman G. Soundararajan.
The pump major is adopting nine corporation schools at Koipalayam, Idigarai, Saravanampatti, Kurumbalayam, Keeranthanam, Oraikalpalayam, Chinnavedampatti, Kunnatur and Sarvanampatti for five years.Siddapudur higher secondary school alumni association, which is supported by CRI Pumps, has adopted government higher secondary school, Ganapathy, and government high school, Gandhi Managar.
The main objective behind the school adoption programme is to bridge the gap between government and private schools in terms of infrastructure, facilities and quality of education.
In an effort to turn government schools into model schools, the company plans to organise specialised programmes for children with slow learning abilities. These programmes have been modeled based on worldwide best practices to ensure maximum benefits.
To ensure better attendance, CRI Pumps will appoint counsellors to track attendance and provide remedial counselling when cases of absenteeism surface. As holistic development is the need of the hour, and to ensure that schoolchildren from these corporation schools do not lag behind their counterparts in private schools, the company will create a strong platform to provide vocational and personality development training for students.
Apart from this, computer coaching classes, meditation sessions and yoga classes will be conducted to make them better citizens of the future. Providing access to primary health care and hygiene is also a top priority and various initiatives, including providing medical facilities, conducting health camps and creating awareness on health and hygiene, will be conducted.
To ensure better performance in public examinations, students of class 10 and plus two will be provided additional coaching along with motivational sessions and career guidance classes.
To promote involvement in sports activities, the company will ensure availability of sports equipment and nutritional supplements to sports enthusiasts and will also provide financial support to children to enable them to participate at various competitions, including national events. ‘Project Shiksha’ will provide financial aid to meritorious students to help fund their higher education.