Telangana state students head to AP for certificate verification

781 students visited the helpline centres in AP and got their certificates verified

Hyderabad: Eamcet counselling began in AP on Thursday as scheduled in the Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education notification issued earlier. At least 781 students visited the helpline centres in AP and got their certificates verified. APSCHE chairman Prof. L. Venugopal Reddy said many students from Telangana state also went to helpline centres in AP for certificate verification as counselling is yet to begin in TS.

About 2,700 students belonging to Andhra University and SV University regions were to get their certificates verified on Thursday at the 34 helpline centres in AP. Certificate verification also started at the centralised verification centre in Hyderabad for sports and physically-handicapped quota students.

Prof. L. Venugopal Reddy said, “Students can go to any certificate verification centre in the two states. Many students from Telangana went to Vijayawada for verification.”

Dr K. Raghunath, chief camp officer, CET-admissions, said, “We can’t determine how many students from Telangana went to helpline centres in AP until the final list is made.”

Officials said most of the students from OU who got their certificates verified on Thursday could be those not requiring fee reimbursement from the Financial Assistance for Students of Telangana scheme.

The Telangana State Council of Higher Education is expected to announce its schedule for certificate verification and admissions on Friday.