Telangana seeks fresh nativity IDs

State cancels certificates issued by united AP government

Hyderabad: Students and government job aspirants will have to obtain fresh nativity certificates to claim reservations, admissions, fee reimbursement and scholarships. The certificates issued in this regard in the united Andhra Pradesh stands cancelled.

With the Telangana Rashtra Samiti government deciding to take 1956 as the cut-off year to grant “nativity certificate”, a committee comprising Revenue officials will be set up at each mandal, which will verify whether the families of students were residents of Telangana prior to 1956 or not and issue certificates accordingly.

Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has been holding a series of meetings to finalise the modalities for determining nativity for the past few days in the Secretariat with his ministers and senior IAS officials.

Read: Committee to finalise Telangana nativity

Mr Chandrasekhar Rao has also asked officials to rename the “fee reimbursement scheme” as “Financial Assistance for Students of Telangana” (FAST), to send a clear message that only Telangana students are eligible to avail the benefit.

Students have to submit proofs that their families had been residents of Telangana prior to 1956. They can submit any proof such as property documents (house, land etc.) or any other document.