Eamcet counselling from July 10: Ganta Srinivasa Rao

TRS government created chaos by attempting to change nativity rules, says Ganta

Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh HRD Minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao, on Wednesday demanded that the Telangana government reimburse the fees of Andhra students studying in Telangana. He said the TRS government had created chaos by attempting to change the nativity rules.

While releasing the results of the Intermediate first-year advanced supplementary exam, Mr Rao also announced that the Eamcet counselling for Engineering courses would be held from July 10. The Eamcet counselling was initially scheduled to begin from June 29, but was postponed after the AICTE extended the deadline for applications from new engineering colleges. Mr Rao said that the counselling would continue till July 20.

Commenting on the fee reimbursement row, the AP minister said that the Telangana government should pay the fees of Andhra students studying there. He also pleaded with the TRS government not to spoil the future of students for petty politics.

Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh social welfare minister Ravela Kishore Babu said his government would take the Telangana government to the court over the fee reimbursement issue. He, however, said that the Andhra Pradesh government will reimburse fees of Andhra students, if the Telangana government did not.

( Source : dc corespondent )