Now IITians descend on school campuses

6 IIT-Madras students tour state to rope in students for their ‘Junior Sashthra’ quiz

Kochi: Close on the heels of National Institute of Technology (NIT) students bringing a variety of competitions to the school campuses to boost their curricular and co-curricular skills, the IIT students too have come to the school campuses to let their little brethren expand their knowledge horizons.

Six students from IIT Madras are now touring the state to rope in school students for their ‘Junior Sashthra’ quiz competition regional levels which will be held at Kochi and Kozhikode. They are Engineering Physics student Bharath Chandran, Engineering Design student Hamdan M R, Biochemistry student Janu Sahana, Electrical student Mayug M M and Mechanical students Akhil Asok and Gautam Krishnan.

The regional level quiz is open to students between classes VII and XII. It will be held at Bhavan’s Varuna Vidyalaya, Thrikkakara, Kochi on June 29 and at Devagiri CMI Public School, Kozhikode on July 5. The national level final contest will be held at IIT Madras in January 2015.

“Students selected from the regional levels will take part in the nationals. Those interested to know the details of the contest can contact at phone number 09003291468. The registration is on the spot,” said Gautham. The Junion Sasthra quiz contest finals will be held along with Sasthra-2015, the technical festival of IIT Madras.