Body of student retrieved from Beas river

Body was identified as that of a student named P.V. Durga Tarun of VNR institute

Hyderabad: Two more bodies were retrieved from the Beas river in HP on Wednesday. One of them was identified as that of a student named P.V. Durga Tarun of VNR institute. The swollen body floating in the river was spotted by search teams at Pandoh Dam located 16 km away from the mishap site.

Out of the 24 students who were washed away in the river on June 8, the bodies of nine have been fished out. The other body found in the dam is said to be that of a HP local.

The swollen body floating in the river was spotted by search teams at Pandoh Dam located 16 km away from the mishap site. The other body found in the dam is said to be that of a HP local 15 students and the tour guides are still missing.

Officials are expecting more bodies to float in the next two or three days. The other body found in the dam is said to be that of a HP local.

Meanwhile, Telangana transport minister Mahendar Reddy said the siren didn't work at the dam when the water was released on the tragic day.

"We are expecting more bodies to surface in the next two or three days," said officials.

DGP Anurag Sharma personally supervised search operations in Mandi of Himachal Pradesh.