Put off tests: Osmania University students

Students demanded postponement of all the examinations

Hyderabad: Osmania University students went on a flash stir on the campus on Sunday demanding postponement of all the examinations scheduled from Monday.

OU has scheduled PG, MBA and B.Tech exams of constituent, affiliated and campus colleges from May 19. These exams were already postponed twice since April due to general elections.

Hundreds of girls from the OU Women’s Hostel staged a ‘rasta roko’ in front of the hostel blocking traffic for hours. Police closed the entry and exit gates of the OU campus and restricted vehicular movement.

Students demanded postponement of exams saying that the dates are clashing with competitive exams. They also said that they could not prepare due to the elections.

However, OU officials denied clash with UPSC exams saying that the only competitive test coming up is the Edcet test for B.Ed admissions on May 30 and that science students have nothing to do with that. .

OU registrar Prof. K. Pratap Reddy said that there is no question of postponement of exams, and that they will be held from Monday. He said the decision was taken to protect the interests of students as postponement will affect the academic year since the exams were already postponed twice due to elections.

He urged students to cooperate and appear for the exams.