Andhra Pradesh students dominate JEE

30% of students who qualified in JEE (Main) are believed to be from AP

Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh students continued their dominance by sweeping a majority of the top-10 marks in JEE (Main).
The third highest score, of 345 marks, was bagged by five students, Poosa Nihal, K.V.V. Satish, G.K. Chaitanya, Bavineni Eswar and K. Jayachandra, all from Narayana Sri Chaitanya group.

The cut-off marks for general category students was 115, OBCs 74, SCs 53 and STs 47 to figure in top 1.5 lakh to be eligible for JEE (Advanced). Nearly 30 per cent of students who qualified in JEE (Main) are believed to be from AP. Pramod, who loves to play badminton, said, “Studying in IIT is my dream thanks to the inspiration given by my sister Harshita. She works for TCS in Bengaluru. My next target is to clear JEE (Advanced) with good rank and secure a seat in IIT-Bombay.”

His father runs a fancy store in Sullurpet while his mother is a homemaker. “The two-year rigorous coaching at Narayana Sri Chaitanya institutions helped me get the highest score,” Pramod said.

Akram Khan, who came second loves computers. His father is a civil engineer who works with Singareni Mines.
“While I was preparing for various Olympiads during my school days, I got attracted to IITs. I owe my success to my teachers and parents. My aim is to secure a seat in IIT-Bombay. I want to do research in computer science,” Akram said.

The number of students from AP who qualified in JEE (Main) is expected to be around 30,000 of which 16,712 are from Narayana Sri Chaitanya institutions alone. Dr B.S. Rao, director of Narayana Sri Chaitanya institutions said, “Of the top-10 highest scorers in JEE (Main), seven are from our institutions. I congratulate students and faculty for achieving this commendable feat. About 130 of our students scored more than 300 marks in JEE (Main).” Delta Academy director Srikanth said that 42 students have got eligibility.

Krishna district tops in Intermediate pass percentage

Krishna district topped the state with 82 per cent results, followed by Visakhapatnam (76%), Nellore (76%), Guntur (72%), Chittoor (71%), West Godavari (70%), Prakasam (67%), Kurnool (66%).

In Telangana, Ranga Reddy topped the list with 73 per cent results, followed by Hyderabad (64%), Khammam (64%), Karimnagar (59%), Warangal (55%), Nalgonda (53%), Nizamabad (53%), Mahbubnagar (52%), Medak (49%) and Adilabad (49%). The overall state pass percentage increased marginally to 65.57 against 65.36 last year.

The results surprised officials and academicians who anticipated poor results in Seemandhra region due to largescale disruption of academic activities over state bifurcation since August last year.

As many as 8,01,419 students appeared for Inter second year exams in March this year. Of them, 5,25,526 passed.
Students can collect marks sheets from respective colleges from May 7. Any discrepancies in marks can be brought to the notice of the principals by June 1.

Students wanting to apply for recounting of marks have to pay Rs 100 per subject through Mee Seva or AP online centres. For photo copy-cum-reverification of answer book, they have to pay Rs 600 per subject within the due date of May 9. The advanced supplementary exams will be held from May 25 and the due date for payment of exam fee is May 9.

BIE secretary Ramasankar Naik said the evaluation of answer scripts of advanced supplementary exams will be done state-wise in Telangana and Seemandhra states.