Free laptops, special budget for agriculture: BJP's Telangana manifesto

Manifesto promises to build a memorial for those who committed suicide for Telangana

Hyderabad: Free laptops for meritorious students, Rs one lakh cash award for girl students, separate budget for agriculture are among the promises made by BJP in its manifesto for the Telangana region.

Under 'Pratibha Kamalam' programme, the BJP promises to provide free laptops to top 25,000 students in the engineering common entrance test, top 500 rank holders in medicine and top 500 students in MBA common entrance test.

Telangana BJP president G Kishan Reddy released the party's manifesto on Friday.

The top 2,000 girls from Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) and top 100 girls from MBA-CET irrespective of their economic conditions would be given Rs one lakh as a cash award to promote education among girl child, the manifesto said.

The party has tried to integrate the Telangana manifesto with its Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's vision, Kishan Reddy said.

As part of BJP's National Council meet, Modi spoke about creating 'Brand India' and he conceived five 'Ts' (Tradition, Technology, Tourism, Trade and Talent) towards the objective and the Telangana BJP has added transparency to them, he said.

In recognition of the sacrifice made by those who reportedly committed suicide for Telangana, the BJP government would build a memorial for them and provide Rs 10 lakh or three acres of land to their families.

The BJP government would ensure promise of nine-hour uninterrupted supply of quality power to farmers. In this regard, 85 per cent subsidy will be provided for solar pump sets both to individuals and the community.

Also, it would make efforts to accord national status to Pranahita - Chevella irrigation project. About 3,000 old tanks in Telangana would be renovated.

Simultaneous polls to Lok Sabha and undivided Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly would be held in Telangana region on April 30.

( Source : PTI )