Crime file: 60-yr-old arrested for sexually assaulting minor; Man harasses girl, attacked and more

60-yr-old arrested for sexually assaulting minor

Bangalore: The Hebbal police have arrested a 60-year-old man for allegedly sexually assaulting a six-year-old girl. The accused is a native of Tamil Nadu and is suspected to have committed the crime while she was alone at home on Monday night.

The accused has been identified as Krishnamurthy, a resident of Hebbal and a daily wage worker. He entered the house on the pretext of playing with her, the police said.

The girl’s mother who returned back home saw her daughter crying and when she asked her, the victim narrated the incident, the police said.

The Hebbal police was informed and they immediately arrested the accused and subjected him and the victim to medical tests.

The police are awaiting medical report and further investigations are on.

Next: Man harasses girl, attacked

Man harasses girl, attacked

Naushad Bijapur |?DC

Belgaum: The owner of a fair price shop in the city was attacked by a group of people and later handed over to the police for sexually harassing a minor girl for past few weeks.

According to a complaint filed by the girl, the accused, Basavaraj Hanji, would often trouble her when she used to buy groceries at his shop at Rukmini Nagar and later he even started coming to her house nearby to harass her. Local residents had on several occasions warned Hanji, but he continued troubling her.

When he came to know that the girl was planning to lodge a police complaint against him, he came to her house late on Monday and tried to stop her. Members of a local organisation attacked him and he was later handed over to the police.

According to the girl's complaint, for the past two years he has been harassing her whenever she went to his shop. A few weeks ago he came to her house and forcibly hugged her.

When her family members took up the issue, he had threatened that he would get their ration card cancelled, if they filed a case against him. The APMC police have registered a case and investigations are on.

Next: Ex-serviceman booked for raping minor domestic help

Ex-serviceman booked for raping minor domestic help

Nellore (AP): A 13-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by a 67-year-old ex-serviceman at his house in Malakotaiah hamlet in the district, police said on Wednesday.

The victim was employed as domestic help by accused Benjamin, who had retired as cook, they said.

Police said Benjamin allegedly wrongfully confined and sexually assaulted the girl twice in August last year, but the matter came to light only on Tuesday after it was detected that the victim was pregnant.

Police said the victim's mother had taken her to a nearby hospital for examination after the former complained of stomach pain.

"The minor girl informed to her mother that the ex-serviceman raped her at his house on two occasions and had even tied her with a rope before committing the crime," a police officer said based on a complaint lodged by her mother.

Following the complaint, Naidupet police has registered a case under relevant sections of IPC against Benjamin and launched a hunt to nab him.

Next: Student gangraped, 8 arrested

Student gangraped, 8 arrested

Ranchi: A class-X student was gangraped in Ranchi city and all of the eight accused were arrested in this connection, the police said here on Wednesday.

The 16-year-old girl, who left home on Sunday to attend a coaching class, went to a temple situated at Ratu road with a person.

Suddenly she saw eight men aged around 24/25 surfacing and was forcibly taken to a nearby place where they committed the crime, Senior Superintendent of Police Bhimsen Tuti said, quoting an FIR lodged by the girl on Tuesday.

The girl also alleged that the accused had made MMS clips, the sources said and added five of the accused were nabbed on Wednesday.

Next: Bouncer attack: Realtor meets top cop

Bouncer attack: Realtor meets top cop

Bangalore: Embassy Group Chairman and Managing Director Jitendra Virwani on Tuesday approached city police commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar following Sunday night’s incident when his two sons and their friends were allegedly beaten up by bouncers at Pebble bar in Sadashivanagar.

Virwani told this newspaper that the commissioner had promised him that a fair inquiry would be conducted into the incident.

“The High Grounds police inspector, E B Sridhar, was the one who tried cajoling me into not filing a complaint on Sunday night. My lawyers informed me that he will not be part of the investigation, because Pebble bar comes under his jurisdiction. Auradkar asked me to have faith in the police and said that justice would be done,” he said.

The police commissioner told Deccan Chronicle that he had spoken to to Virwani on Tuesday. “He told me his children were innocent and as a father, he requested me to take the necessary steps. I told him that an impartial inquiry would be conducted into the matter,” he said.

The Embassy Group chairman also alleged that the High Grounds police inspector, E B Sridhar, was responsible for Pebble bar staying open till 1.30 am on weekends.

“Pebble bar does not have a licence to operate legally. The High Grounds police are in cahoots with the management, otherwise the bar would not be allowed to stay open so late,” claimed Virwani.

In response, police commissioner Raghavendra Auradkar said, “The incident took place around 11.45 pm on Sunday. We will look into these allegations, but the police is not responsible for issuing permission to operate inside Palace Grounds.

Next: Drug pushers held for abusing pupils

Drug pushers held for abusing pupils

Kochi: Several male students of a prominent school near Kaloor in Kochi were sexually abused by ganja peddlers at a house near Tripunithura for several months, according to Kochi city police.

The cops arrested two men based on a complaint registered by the parents of two such students. The arrested were identified as Anil Kumar (43) of Ushas House K.P. Vallon Road near Kadavanthara and Joseph (38) of Chakkanat House at Eroor near Tripunithura.

But when the special branch police were taking the victims to the Hill Palace police station to register the case there, the autorickshaw in which they were traveling met with an accident near Maradu on Monday.

The autorickshaw was driven by one Ratheesh, a witness in the case. Ratheesh, two shadow police officers and the two victims were injured in the mishap and were admitted to Medical Trust, P.S., and Medical Centre hospitals.

According to the deputy police commissioner Mohammed Rafique, the two men were arrested by the special branch police after they found that the duo had been abusing the students at the house of the second accused Joseph.

He said that the two men had been abusing the boys by offering them ganja for free. The students were earlier lured into smoking ganja by providing them the leaves at cheap rates.

“We arrested the two after the parents of the two students registered a complaint. Later the accused, the witness, the victims and their parents were taken to the Hill Palace police station to register the case there. The accused were in a police jeep and the victims’ parents were on their two-wheelers.

Ratheesh was only a witness and hence we took the victims in his autorickshaw. The victims, in their complaint, had said that Ratheesh knew about the abuse but he was not part of them. The jeep, the autorickshaw and the two-wheelers were moving to Hill Palace police station in a convoy when the accident occurred,” the DCP said.

A tanker lorry had collided with the autorickshaw in front of the P.S. Hospital near Maradu. The injured are out of danger now, according to the police.

Next: Another Aneesh aide nabbed in bomb hurling incident

Another Aneesh aide nabbed in bomb hurling incident

Kochi: The Kochi city police on Tuesday arrested another aide of notorious gangster, Maradu Aneesh for hurling bombs at an apartment near Deshabhiman Junction a month ago.

The aide, identified as Shijith of Palakkad, had allegedly helped the main accused, Sam Lonan, hurl the explosives at the apartment building, Revathy Court Complex on Kollamparambil Lane.

Shijith had surrendered before the Madurai magistrate in connection with a spirit smuggling case in Tamil Nadu shortly after the bombing incident. But it was only after Sam was taken into custody and questioned that the police learnt about his involvement.

“Sam was in our custody for a few days and during this time we cross- checked his fingerprints with those collected from the crime spot and confirmed his involvement. When questioned, he said he was accompanied by Shijith during the bombing mission,” said Suneesh Babu, assistant commissioner of Ernakulam central police.

The police also claimed that Sam had confessed he was assisgned the job by Maradu Aneesh.

“Aneesh asked him to throw bombs at the apartment where the aides of his rival gangster, Bhai Nazeer, were staying. The bombs were thrown as part of a revenge mission as Nazeer’s gang had earlier attacked Aneesh in the verandah of the judicial magistrate court. Aneesh had also asked Sam and Shijith to surrender before the Madurai court after the operation,” the ACP added.

Shijith who has been brought to the city from the Madurai jail will remain in police custody for another three days.