Entertainment Bollywood 10 Jul 2017 Very unfair to cast ...

Very unfair to cast a legend like Govinda and not do justice; our fault: Ranbir

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Jul 10, 2017, 2:16 pm IST
Updated Jul 10, 2017, 2:16 pm IST
The actor-turned-producer has taken complete responsibility for chopping off Govinda’s part from the film.
A picture of Govinda with Katrina and Ranbir from the sets of 'Jagga Jasoos' went viral last earlier this month. The actor was also rumoured to play Ranbir's missing father in the film. 'Jagga Jasoos' is slated to release on July 14.
 A picture of Govinda with Katrina and Ranbir from the sets of 'Jagga Jasoos' went viral last earlier this month. The actor was also rumoured to play Ranbir's missing father in the film. 'Jagga Jasoos' is slated to release on July 14.

Mumbai: Controversies around Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif’s ‘Jagga Jasoos’ just refuse to die down. From countless delays to Ranbir ribbing Katrina at promotional events, this detective musical has been in the news since forever.

Adding to the woes of the makers is the Govinda controversy. For the uninitiated, Govinda was hired for a crucial role in the film and had even filmed his part. But, after a delay of good three years, team ‘Jagga Jasoos’ has decided to drop Govinda’s part altogether, leaving the veteran actor fuming.

 

I don't think I can miss having Katrina in my life; I need her in my life: Ranbir

Recently, director and co-producer of the film Anurag Basu clarified in an interview that Govinda will not be seen anywhere in the film. He said, “I've shot a couple of days with him in the first schedule. Then there were changes in the story and other things. But Govinda isn't in the film, his part isn't there. It was very kind of him to agree when I requested him for the guest appearance. But it's our loss that he isn't there.”

 

Only reason Katrina wouldn’t cast me is because I am not a good human being: Ranbir

Another popular entertainment website got in touch with Govinda for his reaction to the chopping bit, he replied to them saying, “I am thankful that Anurag Basu at least opened his mouth after three years and finally, he gave the clarification about the role. I am happy that at least he spoke about it after three years.”

The film star, who is clearly miffed with Ranbir and Anurag, went on a Twitter rant, where he wrote: I did my job as an actor and if the director is not happy it’s completely his call. There were various negative stories and negative articles only for Govinda and that’s how the film was remembered for three years. I was unwell and on drips but still, I travelled to South Africa and did my shoot. I was told they will narrate the film in South Africa and I didn't even charge my signing amount, made no contracts. I gave full respect to Kapoor family. I did the film because he is my senior’s son. I was told I will get the script.

 

Ranbir Kapoor, too, has addressed the issue and took complete responsibility for editing out a ‘legend’ like Govinda from the final draft of the film. Talking about the ‘loss’, he told a daily, “Unfortunately the entire track has been chopped off; it is our fault, Basu and mine. We had started this film very prematurely, without a complete script. The character had completely changed, and the film was taking so long. It is very irresponsible, and very unfair to cast a great legend like Govinda and not give justice to his role. It is very unfortunate the way things panned out. We are apologetic, but it is for the best for the film that we had to cut that track out.”

 

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->