Researchers have extensively investigated the enormous benefits of sleep.
You probably agree with most of the facts, even if you don't always get the adequate amount of hours to feel renewed and refreshed for the day.
If you're struggling to get a good eight hours, why don't you try naps.
Taking just 10 minutes out of your busy and hectic day can boost your energy and your mood.
Here are seven big reasons to start incorporating naps in your daily routine, according to the Huffington Post.
1. You'll be more patient: In a study conducted by researchers at the University of Michigan, participants who took a nap before completing a frustrating task were shown to be faster than those who did not get to rest.
2. It will help you stay focused: NASA research found napping for forty minutes helped pilots be more alert.
3. Helps lower blood pressure: Just the thought of taking nap helped lower participants’ blood pressure in a British study.
4. Improves memory: German researchers found napping for an hour drastically improved ability to remember information.
5. Enhance creativity: Psychiatrist Sara Mednick from the University of California, San Diego, found that people who took deep naps were more creative when it came to problem solving.
6. Prevents heart disease: Napping can help reduce stress.
7. 10-minute rest has benefits: A 2007 study found resting for just a few minutes helped improve people's mood....