New Delhi: Underworld don Chhota Rajan was brought to Delhi on Friday morning after he was deported from Indonesia, where he was arrested over a week ago. Rajan was taken to the CBI headquarters where he is likely to be formally arrested.
Here are the latest developments:
1. Rajan reportedly 'kissed the ground' after stepping off the plane. For over two decades, he evaded the police in several countries.
2. The 55-year-old gangster will be kept in the national capital where he will be questioned by sleuths of various investigating agencies as he has been making claims of having further evidence to nail India's most wanted terrorist Dawood Ibrahim and his links with Pakistan's snooping agency ISI.
3. Official cars with flashing lights accompanied by heavy-armed escort vans were seen leaving the Palam Technical Area at around 5:30 am, as anxious camerapersons and photographers made unsuccessful attempts to get a glimpse of the underworld don, who was in one of those vehicles with tinted glasses.
4. Till the formalities of CBI to take over the Maharashtra cases are completed, Rajan will be in the custody of Special Cell of Delhi Police which has six cases registered against him.
5. Rajan had told media in Bali that he was happy to return to his motherland and had rubbished reports that his arrest was orchestrated as he was facing threat from Dawood's men.
Download the all new Deccan Chronicle app for Android and iOS to stay up-to-date with latest headlines and news stories in politics, entertainment, sports, technology, business and much more from India and around the world....