US Navy Official Says Taiwan Arms Sales on 'Pause' Over Iran War
The US State Department and the Pentagon did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Cao's remarks.

United States:The acting US Navy Secretary said Thursday that arms sales to Taiwan had been put on "pause" to ensure that the American military had sufficient munitions for its Iran operations.
Asked at a congressional hearing about the stalled $14 billion weapons purchase by Taiwan, acting Secretary Hung Cao said that "right now we're doing a pause in order to make sure we have the munitions we need for Epic Fury -- which we have plenty."
"But, we're just making sure we have everything, then the foreign military sales will continue when the administration deems necessary."
The US State Department and the Pentagon did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Cao's remarks.
Taiwan's Presidential Office spokeswoman Karen Kuo said Friday there was "no information indicating that the US intends to make any adjustments to this arms sale."
A Chinese foreign ministry spokesman told a news conference Friday that Beijing's "position of resolute opposition to US arms sales to China's Taiwan region is consistent, clear and firm."
US President Donald Trump has not committed to following through with the sale, raising concerns over his commitment to support for Taiwan.
The United States recognizes only Beijing, but under US law is required to provide weapons to the self-ruled democracy for its defense.
China has sworn to take the island and has not ruled out using force, ramping up military pressure in recent years.
Ahead of his visit last week to China, Trump said he would speak with Chinese President Xi Jinping about the arms sales, a departure from Washington's previous insistence that it will not consult Beijing on the matter.
After the visit, Trump said he made no commitments to Xi about Taiwan and would be making a determination on the arms sales "over the next fairly short period of time."

