Entertainment Hollywood 16 Jan 2018 No sexual abuse, it ...

No sexual abuse, it was consensual, says Aziz Ansari

PTI
Published Jan 16, 2018, 4:30 am IST
Updated Jan 17, 2018, 9:44 pm IST
Has responded to the claims saying the two engaged in “sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual”.
Aziz Ansari
 Aziz Ansari

Los Angeles: Indian-origin actor Aziz Ansari, who has been accused of sexual misconduct by a woman with whom he went on a date last year, has responded to the claims saying the two engaged in “sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual”.

The 34-year-old actor’s statement comes after a 23-year-old Brooklyn-based photographer recounted a date with him that she called “the worst night of my life” in an interview with Babe.net. 

 

“In September of last year, I met a woman at a party. We exchanged numbers. We texted back and forth and eventually went on a date. We went out to dinner, and afterwards we ended up engaging in sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual,” Ansari said in a statement given to People magazine. 

The Master of None actor further said a text by the woman, named as ‘Grace’ in the article, said that she felt uneasy with how things transpired the night before and responded to her privately as he was “concerned” about her. 

 

“The next day, I got a text from her saying that although ‘it may have seemed okay,’ upon further reflection, she felt uncomfortable. It was true that everything did seem okay to me, so when I heard that it was not the case for her, I was surprised and concerned. I took her words to heart and responded privately after taking the time to process what she had said," he said.

Ansari became the first man of Asian descent to win Golden Globe recently for his performance in the Netflix show.

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
-->