Technology Mobiles and Tabs 25 Aug 2017 'Galaxy Note 8 batte ...

'Galaxy Note 8 battery put through more rigorous safety checks'

DECCAN CHRONICLE.
Published Aug 25, 2017, 11:40 am IST
Updated Aug 25, 2017, 12:25 pm IST
Samsung is working closely with Underwater Labs for advanced safety checks for the Galaxy Note 8’s battery.
Samsugn Galaxy Note 8 smarthone (Photo: File)
 Samsugn Galaxy Note 8 smarthone (Photo: File)

No one can for forget the Note 7 debacle happened last year. A few months later, after it was released to the customers, Samsung recalled millions of Galaxy Note 7 units from all across the world over battery issues.

The incident was speculated to be the end of “Galaxy Note” series, but knowing about Note stalwarts, Samsung soon revealed its intention of launching a Galaxy Note 7 successor despite the collapse.

 

“I will bring back a better, safer and very innovative Note 8,” Samsung Mobile Chief DJ Koh told in an interview with CNET.  While investigating the reason behind Note 7 battery problem following customers report, Koh discovered “lots and lots of loyal Note customers”. Another Samsung official in a statement to Business Korea said, “The Galaxy Note 7 was very popular before user reports began circulating about devices that exploded or caught on fire while charging. As the phablet market, which was developed by Samsung Electronics, has been growing, the company will release the Note series this year again.”

As the time progressed, Samsung primarily shifted its focus to battery's safety check. The company starts working closely with Underwater Labs for advanced safety checks for the Galaxy Note 8’s battery.

“We have been closely working with Samsung to make meaningful advancements in the science of smartphone quality and safety evaluation,” UL president Sajeev Jesudas told Engadget. “As a result, the Note 8 has successfully completed a rigorous series of device and battery safety compatibility test protocols. We look forward to maintaining our strategic relationship with Samsung to help ensure device safety for all consumers.”

According to a report by The Investor, the 3,300mAh batteries packed in Note 8 are Samsung’s SDI and Japan’s Murata Manufacturing product. “The company ditched batteries from its long-time Chinese partner ATL for its flagship phones following the Galaxy Note 7 debacle,” the report reads.  Samsung SDI will be responsible for 80 per cent of the Note 8 battery production, while Murata will make the remaining 20 per cent.

Click on Deccan Chronicle Technology and Science for the latest news and reviews. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter

...




ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT