The iPhone 11 event is just around the corner and it appears that Apple’s upcoming event is an open book for all the world to see. From a couple of months, leaks and rumours have been detailing the various features of the upcoming iPhone 11 lineup and the latest leak plants the final nail in Apple’s coffin. With this new leak, there is virtually nothing left for us to be surprised about when Apple finally unveils its 2019 devices.
In a massive exclusive leak, Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman and Debby Wu have detailed no less than eleven new features that Apple had hoped to keep under wraps. With this leak, the iPhone 11 series looks like quite an attractive device compared to a couple of weeks ago where it was suggested that it would just be an incremental update.
Here is a look at some of the upcoming iPhone 11 features:
- Apple will be ditching the Roman numeral and will now opt the ‘Pro’ branding for its premium models. The iPhone XR name will be abandoned as well.
- The highly polarising square camera bump on the iPhone 11 Pro models will have three cameras that will work in unison and will snap three photos of everything you capture. After this, these images will be combined into a single image allowing you to further crop photos with missing information. Forbes explains this by stating, “if the primary camera cut out a person who was captured by the wide-angle lens you can add them back in. Brilliant. Low light photography has also been improved.”
- Like the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 ad its powerful video recording capabilities, Apple is also believed to be working on its video capture. With the new iPhone 11, video recording is said to be closer to professional-grade cameras and users will be able to apply filters, retouch, reframe, and even re-crop video all the while when videos are being shot.
- Previously it was believed that reverse charging would not be coming on the iPhone XR’s successor. Now, all the iPhone 11 smartphones are reportedly coming with this feature.
- The matte finish on the rear has been confirmed. However, Apple will use the glossy finish as well on certain variants.
- The new handsets will come with shatter-resistant technology that will protect it to quite a significant extent against accidental drops.
- Face ID will be improved upon as well and it will now support multiple angles. Interestingly, iPhone 11 users will be able to unlock their handsets even when the smartphone is lying flat on a table.
- Bloomberg says the new iPhones can be submerged for “far longer than the 30-minute rating on the current iPhones”; which shows that the water-resistance rating has been significantly improved upon as well. This may allow the iPhone 11 to compete with action cams like the GoPro Hero lineup.
- 3D Touch will be abandoned and this has been confirmed with Apple now opting for a form of haptic feedback.
- The iPhone XR successor will come with a second rear camera and this handset will also come in an all-new green colour.
- The Apple A13 SoC comes with the codename AMX or Matrix that is said to be able to offload math-heavy tasks. This chipset will be central to augmented reality which Apple will be pushing heavily this year.
Even though Apple will be launching an interesting array of specifications with the iPhone 11, the biggest absentee is 5G. Bloomberg states that while Apple’s rivals are already embracing this new standard, the 2020 iPhone will be the one to get this feature. Also, the highly-rumoured 3D cameras won’t make an appearance this year.
Commenting on this leak, Forbes states, “Despite this, there’s no doubt that the iPhone 11 range is looking a lot more impressive than it did just a few weeks ago. That said, given what we know about Apple’s ambitious 2020 plans (consisting of a new design, size changes, ProMotion displays and the long-awaited move to USB-C), I still think you’re better off waiting to upgrade.”...