The MIUI 9 China ROM rolled out a few days ago to flagship Xiaomi devices like the Mi 6, Mi 5 and Redmi Note 4X. The China ROM has some new features like Smart App launcher, Smart Assistant and Image Search. However, Xiaomi also sells its products in markets outside China and the company is, therefore, preparing MIUI 9 for its global markets, as is evident from the MIUI 9 Global Beta.
The global version of MIUI 9 will give a miss to the Smart App Launcher and Smart Assistant but is expected to retain the rest of the features. Apart from compatibility with Google apps suite, these are some of the other features to be added to the existing MIUI 8 software:
- Deep-level system optimisations
- New icons
- New animations for launching and exiting apps
- Simpler Home screen editing
- Introducing Split screen
- Improved Silent mode triggered by the volume button
- Improved readability for the start page of Messaging
- Search for apps in the dual apps settings
If you want to try the latest MIUI 9 global beta, you can get it from here, but keep in mind that you can only test it on the Mi 6 and the Redmi Note 4/4X. Also, the global beta is also prone to bugs, which is why you should head over to the ROM with caution.