HTC is about to unveil its new flagship smartphone in the “U” series in upcoming weeks. As the days are approaching, reports about its design, specifications and features have started coming out.
In January, HTC launched two smartphones, HTC U Ultra and HTC U Play, under its flagship series called “U.” However, the firm hold off the launch of “Ocean” smartphone. Many believe that the HTC U 11 device is actually the HTC "Ocean" that company decided to postpone.
It was speculated that HTC wanted to power the “Ocean” phone with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835, and since Samsung bid on SD835 production until the Samsung Galaxy S8 is announced, HTC delayed the device’s launch.
Below is the list of specifications and features tipped to be found on the upcoming flagship model.
- 5.5-inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) display
- Powered by Qualcomm’s next-gen chipset Snapdragon 835
- Two variants- 4GB RAM+64GB storage and 6GB RAM+128GB storage
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX362 and a 16MP IMX351 front camera
- Squeezable display with the touch-sensitive edges on either side of the display
- 3000mAh battery with Quick charge 3.0 technology
- No 3.5mm headphone jack
- Housed with artificial intelligence called HTC Sense Companion
- To be available five different colour variants--white, black, blue, red, and silver
In this latest render video posted by 91mobile in collaboration with Onleaks, the Red HTC U 11 appears to have bezel-less display with smooth round edges. The device consists of USB Type-C port and speaker grill at the bottom, but with no headphone jack while at the top, it sports a slotted mic hole and SIM slot tray. On the right it has volume and power button.