This Republic day we must reflect on how far we have come in terms of growth in the indigenous industries and businesses originating in the country. This journey of growth and competition against the international businesses started way back with Mahatma Gandhi’s ‘Swadeshi’ movement and taking a step forward to promote Indian brands in the country another very prominent campaign that has been initiated by the Indian Government is the ‘Make in India’ campaign.
Today Indian websites, with their innovative ideas and changing technology adaptation are not only competing with international brands but also understand their audience better and hence are the preferred over international brands in the Indian market.
Here are some of the Indian websites that have made the country proud with their exceptional services-
1. Gympik- Gympik with Traqade is the leading gym management platform in India and has witnessed huge success with 500+ clients of Traqade in a very short span of time. Where Multinational giants lack in the understanding of the country’s socio-economic status and diversity, Gympik focuses on creating solutions using deep tech to understand its audience behavior driven insights and segmentation algorithms helps in increasing new members and retaining past members. It has emerged as a market leader in this niche segment and is currently operating in 40 cities across India.
2. Ola- An Indian ridesharing company founded in 2010 was valued at about $10 billion last year. The website offers services that include peer-to-peer ridesharing, ride service hailing, taxi and food delivery. Based in Bengaluru, Karnataka, Ola provides its users options to pay with cash, go pre-paid with Ola money or post-paid as per their preference. With the presence of other international brands, this Indian brand claims to clock an average of more than 1,50,000 bookings per day and commands 60% of the market share in India.
3. Flipkart- Flipkart is one of the most visited e-commerce websites. It is an Indian e-commerce company based in Bangalore, which was founded in 2007. The e-commerce websites has all the products including clothes, shoes, tablets, USBs and laptop bags etc. The uniqueness of the brand is that it supports several local Indian brands that are available at heavy discounts on the website. It is one of the largest e-commerce websites, giving a tough competition to international e-commerce sites in the Indian market.
4. ExpertRight- It is a Jaipur based brand that connects freelancers and companies to have an authentic work partnership. ExpertRight’s revenue in the first month was almost nil but it now claims to generate annual revenue worth Rs 2.2 crore. The website has a dedicated project moderator to look over a project for quality of work and timely payment. The brand understands their clients as well as freelancers, who are majorly based out of tier-2 cities of India thus, help both the parties to get maximum benefit.
5. Gem Selections- Gem Selections has three unique online platforms- Gem Selections Astro Dose, Gem Selections Live and Gem Selections Forums, all of which are focused towards providing in-depth knowledge and exclusive online services to its customers. All the gemstones and jewellery at Gem Selections are certified by a government lab, which makes it stand out with others in terms of quality and purity of its products. This home grown company has a legacy of dealing in gems for more than 2 decades and has established a strong customer base all across the globe.