GPS is no more an alien term to anybody. What you may not know about it is the expansion of the acronym. GPS stands for “Global Positioning System.”
Wait, the article is not about the theory of GPS but the practical usages of GPS in your routine life. Well if you think you already know it all wait till you read the use of GPS that makes our list at number 6.
If you already own a GPS device, you will put it to best use post you go through the top 10 uses listed. If you don’t own one now, you are going to jump off from your couch and get one for yourself.
- Safeguard your little ones: Are you always worrying where your children are at the moment? Connect and track your children using GPS Apps that keep you posted on their exact location.
- Emergency assistance: Did your car breakdown or do you have a flat tire. With the touch of a button in your vehicle, get assistance in the middle of nowhere. The GPS of your vehicle will automatically send your location to the assistance agency.
- Track the elderly: Old age pushes the elderly members to a sad state. Growing age is accompanied by loss of memory. Empower your elderly members of the family with a GPS device that you can track and ensure their safety.
- Find your pets: You will never lose your pets just get them a collar with built-in GPS and unleash them into a park or your neighborhood. You can always track them to safety.
- Never get stuck in traffic: GPS gives you real-time traffic feeds. You can choose custom paths. GPS gives you options to choose the route nature. You can tell it to show you the least traffic lights path, shortest routes, quickest routes and much more.
- If you take a wrong turn Worry not GPS will re-calculate your route and you will be back on track.
- Parking alerts: Does finding a parking spot waste a lot of your time? Let the GPS find it out for you. While cruising to your destination GPS will keep updating you about the exact location of the available parking lot closest to your destination.
- Connect across the globe: This one comes as a real surprise. Yes, you can connect via chat or send unlimited messages from anywhere in the world, and this happens almost instantly.
- Safe Zones: Create the safe zones for your family members, friends, and employees. Get alerts whenever they move out of the safe zones.
- Track your assets: Going away for a while and worried about your car’s or bike’s safety. If you are lending your mean machine to someone make your assets GPS enabled. Track your valuable assets with the details of the exact location.
- Optimize your resources: GPS enabled devices to help you track your fleet to ensure timely deliveries. You can track your employees and help them increase their productivity while on the go.
About so much of a utility item in daily life more and more research and technological advancement are going towards giving you reliable signals. Empower yourself and your loved ones with GPS safety.
- Vikram Kumar, Founder, Letstrack
Click on Deccan Chronicle Technology and Science for the latest news and reviews. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter....