Engineered to unlock the full potential of 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processors, the new servers offer customers improved performance and an easier to manage and secure platform.
Dell Technologies is introducing a portfolio of all-new Dell EMC PowerEdge servers, new Ready Solutions for High-Performance Computing (HPC), and simplified management integrations with leading software and public cloud providers, all designed to address the demands of the modern data center.
The all-new PowerEdge servers, added to the world’s bestselling server portfolio, have been designed from the ground-up to address the complex and varied demands of traditional, emerging and multi-cloud workloads. Engineered to unlock the full potential of 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processors, the new servers offer customers improved performance and an easier to manage and secure platform. The new PowerEdge servers have set world records including 280% greater single-socket virtualized database performance and the industry’s top dual-socket performance result in the SAP Sales and Distribution benchmark.
Manish Gupta, Senior Director and General Manager, Infrastructure Solutions Group, Dell Technologies India
To thrive in a dynamic, hyper-competitive world driven by data, businesses need to constantly opt for IT solutions that are both agile and efficient. For organisations that are looking to become future-ready, it has become crucial for them to match their emerging workloads to the right IT environment in order to enable better business outcomes. The all-new Dell EMC PowerEdge servers powered by the next generation of AMD EPYC architecture will deliver innovations to our customers via a balanced IT ecosystem in order to tackle their application specific workloads in real-time.
Dell Technologies innovation offers all new Dell EMC PowerEdge servers designed to optimize the 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processors
New PowerEdge servers, designed to optimize the 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processor capabilities, are engineered to offer the compute performance, manageability and integrated security required for multi-cloud environments and a wide range of new and emerging workloads.
For example, the new severs enable improved Dell EMC vSAN Ready Node deployments with an up to 51% increase in input/output per second (IOPS) over previous generation AMD EPYC processor-based PowerEdge systems.
The result of Dell EMC engineering and close collaboration with AMD helps ensure customers can benefit from all features of the new AMD EPYC processors, unlike "drop-in" approaches that may limit processor capabilities.
The new servers offer faster compute and memory response and benefit from built-in hardware and firmware security. Compared to the previous generation, the servers’ newly designed motherboard also offers customers better cooling and optimal signal integrity. Additionally, the innovative PowerEdge designs benefit customers today and in the future with support for PCIe 4.0 interconnection for next generation storage, accelerators and advanced networking.
New server innovations and capabilities include:
- Workload-Optimized System Designs – Built from the processor architecture up to support all aspects of the new 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processors, the new PowerEdge designs offer substantial performance improvements for a variety of workloads, including HPC, databases and VDI.
- Efficient TCO – With high core counts and balanced configurations, the new, powerful single-socket designs are capable of workloads that often require two sockets. The efficient performance can offer hardware and software cost savings for improved total cost of ownership.
- Greater Bandwidth – Featuring up to 26% more PCIe lanes with 60% faster interconnect fabric, enabled by PCIe 4.0, the new servers offer industry-leading capabilities for demanding network needs.
- Security – The new servers offer built-in security from below the chipset and BIOS to the processor. With AMD’s Secure Encrypted Virtualization and Secure Memory Encryption, the all-new servers offer robust integrated security that spans virtual machines and system memory.
Dell Technologies expands Dell EMC Ready Solutions for High Performance Computing portfolio
Dell EMC is expanding the Dell EMC Ready Solutions for HPC portfolio based on the new PowerEdge servers. New designs for Ready Solutions for HPC for Digital Manufacturing, Research and Life Sciences offer benefits of liquid-cooling and GPU-enablement to further enhance performance for compute-intensive workloads, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning.
The Ready Solutions for HPC, with 2nd Gen AMD EPYC processors, offer improved performance for workloads such as computational fluid dynamics, climate and weather modeling. In recent testing, the PowerEdge C6525 delivered weather modeling results in half the time as previous generation AMD EPYC processor-based servers for faster severe storm notification.
New Dell EMC OpenManage advancements available with tighter management integrations
To further ease management across traditional and multi-cloud workloads, Dell Technologies is introducing several Dell EMC OpenManage advancements and strengthening integrations across an ecosystem of leading software vendors. Portfolio-wide additions include:
- VMware Integrations – The new release of OpenManage Integration for VMware vCenter offers increased management scalability for more efficient management of VMware clusters in large environments. This also provides native support for the vCenter HTML5 interface to streamline management and reduce training time.
- Microsoft Windows Admin Center Integration – Through new integration, Dell EMC brings enhanced management to Microsoft environments, providing deep control of PowerEdge servers, as well as full-stack visibility and control of Dell EMC Solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI.
- ServiceNow Integration – Leveraging OpenManage FlexSelect, the new ServiceNow integration automates service management for PowerEdge servers. As incidents occur, automation between OpenManage Enterprise and ServiceNow delivers a consistent view, allowing for remediation directly through ServiceNow.
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R6515 and R7515 servers are available worldwide now.
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R6525 and C6525 servers have planned availability worldwide in October 2019.
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R7525 servers have planned availability in early 2020.
- Dell EMC OpenManage advancements are now available worldwide.
- Dell EMC Ready Solutions for HPC Digital Manufacturing, Research and Life Science, with 2nd Gen AMD EPYC-based PowerEdge servers, will be available worldwide in October 2019.