Social media platform Facebook today launched features involving music integration on its platform along with that of Instagram’s. “Facebook and music share something special — they both bring people together and enable personal expression. And that’s why music is important for us,” said Director and Head of Partnerships Manish Chopra, as Facebook rolled out at least 4 musical features for its applications today.
From music stickers on Stories, Lyrics on Instagram, Lip Sync Live, as well as the ability to add songs to their Facebook Profiles, there are four new features on the app for users to take advantage of starting today. These were all part of tie ups and agreements with distributors like Spotify, Jio Saavn and Gaana as well as labels like Yash Raj Music, T-Series Music, and Zee Music Company. One can even Shazam music they’d like and share it up on their social media handles.At the launch, Chopra said that roughly 1,00,000 songs were there on the platform and were constantly increasing.
However, this feature is currently only available for personal handles of individuals, even creators, and not on any business profiles that may use the music for commercial purposes. This will be decided on a case to case basis, according to officials at Facebook. For younger content creators or general users the development would also mean a sigh of relief. With the agreements, now using songs to which Facebook has gained rights to would allow them to stay safe from any copyright complaints and such take downs.
However, the company has clarified that listening to the songs in their entirety would still only take place on music streaming apps and such.
- Music on Facebook and Instagram Stories
- Starting today, people will be able to add a song to their photos and videos on their Stories. Simply open the camera on Facebook or Instagram or select a photo or video from your gallery, touch the sticker icon and add the Music sticker. After choosing a song, you will be able to select which part of it you would like to highlight on your story, and add the artist's name and track title. Knowing that Hindi film music is integral to music in India, people will be able search for music by Actor and Actress names, in addition to search by Film Name, Singer Name as well as a Song name. People can also search for songs by language.
- Lyrics on Instagram: Additionally, if the song has lyrics available, they will automatically pop up. Tap through the icons to change the animation and text style, and move the lyrics around, rotate or resize it like you would a normal sticker.
- Lip Sync Live on Facebook: will allow you to perform and dub songs live on Facebook. Friends can check your performance in real time and follow the lyrics of the songs while you have fun together.
- To create one, just select the "Lip Sync Live" option when starting a Live on Facebook - choose a song, add a description and customize the video with filters or a background. During broadcasts, friends will be able see the name of the artist and song featured on the video and be able to directly tap to follow the singer or band on Facebook.
- Music on Facebook Profile: will allow people to add tracks to a new music section on your Facebook Profile. In addition, you can pin songs at the top of your Profile, so your friends learn more about you. Songs fixed to your Profile will visually show the artist and the track. When your friends play a song on your Profile, they will be able to hear a small clip or choose to listen to the complete track through streaming platforms. They can add the same song to their Profiles or click to visit the singer or band's Page.
Today music products on Facebook and Instagram are available in India, and according to the company are already present in over 55+ countries in the world....